Millions of properties have been constructed in the UK with solid walls, eliminating the ability to cavity fill.
For this construction, externally insulating the property is the ideal solution as this allows the solid walls to dry out and heat up and the tea cosy effect then transforms the structure into a warm, dry thermal mass which is excellent for heat retention. Not only will house owners benefit from this but the external façade will be transformed by the flexible, waterproof external coating applied to the insulated façade.
As with any property type, free technical advice is available on the Foamseal Technical Helpline to assist customers in specifying and purchasing the correct system for the individual requirements.
What is external wall insulation?
It involves the mechanical and/or adhesive fixing of insulation boards to the outside of a building, which is then covered with a mesh reinforcement, a base coat and a final decorative finish, which can be textured or smooth render in various colours, brick slips or dashed render. This layered method encases the property and helps prevents heat from escaping unnecessarily from the property.
External wall insulation offers:
- A cost effective alternative to demolition & rebuild
- Reduces unnecessary heat loss & CO2 emissions
- Reduces condensation
- Protects and prolongs the external fabric of a building
- Offers high impact resistance
- Offers superb weather resistance
- Is low maintenance
- Does not reduce internal dimensions of a property
- Has a positive effect on the environment